played to become only pawns
Totally blue, bruised and battered. Perhaps this is as far as I should go. Played to become only pawns in your game. I should know better than to try and outplay a player. I can't help but feel useless throughout this whole entire agony. Nothing can describe the torments you put me through.
I'm sick of being burdened by this. Being totally played out again and again. I just thought that maybe you would be a little bit more responsible and clear up all the mess that you've created. I might just forgive you for everything and learn to accept the apology that you never gave but you're just making it harder for me to do so. You upset me time and time again.
I don't know how to bring myself to forgive someone who's clearly aware of what he's doing but chose to do it anyway. Someone who knows exactly what it's like to be treated this way, who vow to never let anyone feel this way.
But then again, what are words? It's true they say - that people change. And more often than not, they ended up being exactly the person they swore they'd never become.
It's undeniably disappointing to see someone whom you've once trusted with your own life turn into a complete stranger. Makes you question if what you had before is even real, though it's clear that it's been nothing but an utter bull right from the start. I guess this is what they call 'a lesson learnt too late'.
I never meant to start a war. I guess I should just let you win.


Comments
Post a Comment