Hello 2018

Been exactly a year since I've last posted anything. Exactly a year!? Wow. Spent almost the entire day reading through all my previous posts and had to resort to reverting most of it to drafts because they're mostly very dark, twisted and somewhat repetitive. Go and read back what's left of my posts and you'll get what I mean. Betrayal and lies and hopes and dreams. Lol. It's 2018 and I'm waaaaaay past all of that now.
Speaking of hopes and dreams - I'm amused by all the goals I've set for myself years back, thinking that it'll be almost impossible to achieve but hey, I did it!
- AdvDip - checked.
- BSN - checked.
- Class 2B - checked.
- Travel solo - checked.
Now, this wasn't part of the plan at all but I'm doing my studies again! I'm currently doing my postgrad diploma in Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing. It's a part-time study, and if it all goes well, I'll be done by mid next year! I can't believe it myself. From almost dropping out of nursing school during diploma days, to telling myself repeatedly to get out of this job once my bond ends (ended in 2015) and to now, being exactly where I am, with all these qualifications and in this position that I'm in. We reaaaally have no idea what the future holds!
And yes guys, you read that right. I almost dropped out of nursing school during my diploma days. I skipped school, got debarred, failed my mods, missed my exams..etc Who would've thought, right? But even so, despite it all, I still find myself constantly questioning my career choice. Tends to get a little too overwhelming, you know?
I went to see my GP today. I've been having this really bad headache for weeks (possibly months). My GP said it's pretty unusual to be constantly having it for that long. Suggested for a CT but I think it's too drastic. Giving myself two weeks to watch. We'll see how it goes.
Comments
Post a Comment