11th June 2026
10 years ago, I prolly had some dreams to climb up the career ladder. My aim was pretty clear. Adv Diploma -> Degree -> Masters. But after my degree, I was offered a scholarship for a post grad diploma. Turns out to be one of the hardest thing I’ve had to do. There were so many times where I really wanted to throw in the towel but damn, it’s a freaking scholarship. The idea of having to work my ass off just to pay it is a little off-putting. So I had no choice but to brave through the misery. It was in that moment that I instantly knew that Masters is just not for me. But yes Alhamdulillah with all the support from DN and Dean, I made it. Fact: my then boyfriend (now husband) said he would sell his bike off to help me with the payment of scholarship lol. It was also in that moment that I knew that he was probably the one for me 😅
So because Masters was no longer in the list, and I totally had time but nothing else to do (that time still single, no commitment yet haha) I enrolled in Class 3 and Class 2B. & yes I was taking them up both together, and managed to pass both the same year! Just about seven months apart. Big gap cos after I passed my 2B, I was more invested in riding around instead of completing my class 3 but I eventually did it anyway hehe.
Right after my wedding, I was offered the position of Specialty Nursing. Straight from the ADN herself. Honestly, I felt like that’s a golden ticket to actually climb up the ladder. Fancy name tag, fancy position, *office hours*. After contemplating and really putting so much thought into it, I made the decision not to take it up.
I felt like it was a lot to commit, and my priority at that point is my family. Having to commit to such a crucial role with a husband who would sail for months at a time at short notice is just a lot. It was also then that I decided to resign and switch to locum role. All so that I could spend more time with my husband. The idea is to hustle when he’s away at sea, and then chill when he’s back. Looking back, it truly seems like the best decision ever.
I’m really thankful that my dear husband is supportive of my decision. Now, I get to raise our beautiful daughter all on our own. Witness all of her milestones, be there for her throughout all her tantrums and meltdowns. I wouldn’t change it for anything else.
I’veq had friends who felt that I’m giving up a lot. I truly did not think of it that way. Our rizq has been written for all of us. Perhaps, being in that position is not my rizq. It is written for someone else. And rizq comes in many forms. 10 years ago, I wouldn’t have imagined myself to be having a family of my own. The idea was there but the hope just wasn’t 😅 Honestly right now, I felt like I’ve gained more than I could ever ask for.
Allah, please protect our little family.
Thank you my love for being such a responsible, loving Husband and Baba. We’re truly blessed. Alhamdulillah.
Comments
Post a Comment