Mine
(Cr here)
I've gotten accustomed to taking care of myself for so long in the past four years or so, so much so that I have somewhat succumbed to the fact that I will always be single because I have entirely forgotten how to let anyone else take care of me. Yet, contrary to my very irrational belief, there is still a part of me who is hanging on to the fact that someday, I would be able to let my guards down to someone worthy.
As of late, as though fate has its way of defying me, I stumbled onto him. And just so effortlessly, things started falling right into place. Like it was meant to be. I was blessed with a reassuring gift of hope in the form of an amazing person. I can't believe I was able to open up again, in spite of all the doubts and negativity.
The odds may seem a little absurd, but I still stood firm to my ground. This is the closest I have ever been to something so real. For the first time in a very long while, I now have something to lose. It really wasn't easy to get to where I am now, and even right at this very moment, it is still inconceivable to me that I was able to love and be loved again. I never knew I could feel this much. This is something that I will hold onto and cherish, because it doesn't come easy. I don't know what the future has in it for me, for us, but right now, I know I have never been so sure of anything else as I do about us. This is definitely gonna be a long and arduous journey, and I will stand by it through it all. Because I know, whatever I have right now is real.
Therefore, if you really care for me so fiercely like you claimed, you would be happy for me, regardless of the circumstance. Because even the best of all could falter. Even the most promising form of relationship could fail. Even the ideal could sometimes turn out to be a major letdown. We never really know what the future holds, right? So let's all not get ahead of ourselves and just live in the moment. I've had enough of negative vibes in the last four years. Hence this time, now that I have finally found happiness, please genuinely and sincerely be happy for me. Spread positivity now that I am transitioning into this next chapter. Just like everyone else, I think I deserved happiness too. So enough prep talks, let's spread love, happiness and positive vibes around, okay?
This is, without a doubt, the best damn thing that has ever happened to me.
xoxo

Comments
Post a Comment