Goodbye 2015
(Cr: as above)
I know I've said this almost every year (perhaps because the toughest of all has yet to come), but truly, 2015 was indeed the hardest of all, because I almost lost my mother.
In early March 2015, mama had a relapse after nine years. She was hospitalised for more than a month - half of which was spent in intensive care. Some days, she couldn't recognise me. On the days where she actually did, she wouldn't acknowledge me. The scariest part is that there are days where I couldn't recognise her too. However, with all the endless support we received from our family and friends, mama started responding to treatments. She was then discharged with frequent follow-ups and are being put on long-term medications.
I never thought I'd survive the ordeal, but I did. Hence my resolution for 2016 is gonna be different from the previous years. This time, all I hope for 2016 is for everyone's well-being. May all of us be blessed with love, good health and wealth, and may happiness surround all of us. I hope for peace in the world, where people would stand united against all odds. Not too much to ask for, I hope.
Goodbye 2015.

Comments
Post a Comment